Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's New?

So these past couple of weeks, I've been working on a website called App Inventor, which is a site that helps people create their own applications for Android. It's really cool, and not very difficult. The first app I made was called Hello Purr, and itmakes a picture of cat "meow" when it is touched. It was the easiest app I created. The last one I created was a version of Whack-A-Mole. It took two full days to make, and although it's done and functional, I'm not completely satisfied with it. Pretty soon, I'm going to start making my own apps that we can use in class.

Now that I know how to do this, I can make apps that I think are fun too. My favorite app that I've made so far is the Magic 8 Ball, which everyone's heard of: you ask a "yes" or "no" question, shake the device, and it gives you an answer. I LOVE things like that, even though they're not real.....

I'll let you know what's coming next!



1 comment:

  1. How does the Magic 8 Ball app work? Describe the process you use to create it. Could you use what you learned in making that app to make something similar but of your own design?

    ReplyDelete