Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Aunt's Friend

My aunt just met a woman in a class she is taking that writes books about quilting. She self-published them, and they sold pretty well. Of course, my aunt told her about me and how I want to self-publish my books. The woman said that she just recently wrote a children's book, too. She then learned about this offer Amazon has where you can make an eBook available online for free for a certain amount of days. This means that she wouldn't receive any money for her book, but since she isn't in it for the money, she didn't really care. In approximately five days, around 10,500 people downloaded her book. She was astonished. She is also hopeful that people will remember her name and look for her in the future, when she produces more books.

I am excited to meet her and talk to her about the process and how it was for her. I hope that I am as successful as she has been so far. (:

1 comment:

  1. Well you are off to an impressive start! For someone at your age to have both a passion and a mature understanding of how to go about learning bodes well for your future. I see you doing great things in the future.

    Here is my suggestion for what to do with the little time you have left in this class this year:

    Take a poem or some small piece of your writing that you would like to share, and experiment with how to publish it in the various formats you have been investigating.

    ReplyDelete