Friday, May 25, 2012

Sigil

Mr. Elkner installed a program on my computer to replace eCub. It's called Sigil. It does the same thing as eCub in the sense that it converts word documents (well, text or HTML documents) to ePub format. But the best part is that you can also edit the text/HTML document once it's in ePub format. You can add images, cover pages, a table of contents, chapter breaks, and more! This is really cool, because I needed to work on the spacing of one of the books I put on my Nook.

Sigil is really cool! I downloaded it onto my computer at home and am using it to edit another of my books right now! Thank you, Mr. Elkner!

2 comments:

  1. You're more than welcome, Imani Jai, I'm glad I could introduce you to something you find useful. I've learned a lot about this too, since it was your interest in being an author that inspired the investigation in the first place. So thank you!

    Now what about that introductory ELL book for teens? Do you think you could get one finished by year's end? Let's talk on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still interested in doing the ELL book, and I'm almost positive I can have one finished by the end of the year. About how long should it be? And are the words I should use the ones on the Wikipedia site?

      Delete