Friday, April 13, 2012

Hobbies

There are a lot of things I like to do in my free time, so of which I have already mentioned in my previous blogs. I like to:
1. Read (romance, suspense/thriller, mystery)
2. Write (I write the same types of things I like to read)
3. Sing
4. Act
5. Crochet
6. Play with animals
7. Experiment with my hair and nails
8. Socialize

I have always loved reading, since I was very young. Same goes for writing. My dad tells me that, while all the other kids in my first grade class were learning how to write their names, I was off in the corner writing paragraphs. That's pretty impressive for a six-year-old. I've been writing stories for as long as I could read them, and I've always loved it. I also keep a journal and write letters a lot, too.

I've only recently discovered my ability to sing. For a long time, I thought I was just tone deaf; I sounded good to myself but I was convinced that other people thought I sounded horrible. However, I recently did a talent show in which I sang "U Got It Bad" by Usher with my friends Josiah and Quashard as backup singers, and we were amazing. The crowd went crazy. I love singing and, because I'm a write, I write my own songs too. I've only written a couple, but the one entitled "Freedom (Fly Like A Bird)" is really good. I'd like to record one day, but I don't want to be famous.. I enjoy my privacy and peace of mind too much.

Acting is fun and I'm very good at it. I also like attention, so acting is a good way to get a healthy, positive dose of it. I participated in an acting class at the Studio Theater in downtown D.C., and it was tons of fun. I had a monologue and a scene, and I loved them both.

Crocheting is something that my creativity helps a lot with. My previous counselor taught me a simple stitch that would turn into a scarf, and I took that and ran. I taught myself several other stitches and I taught myself how to make leg warmers and hats. It's a lot of fun, and they make for great gifts.

I've already explained how I love animals. They are a huge part of me and I enjoy being around them. My dogs are a little crazy, but I love them. Even so, I love big dogs too. My dad's boxer, for example, is great to wrestle with and have pillow fights (that is, until he tries to eat the inside of the pillow!).

As a girl, I love doing my hair, nails, and make-up. I'm in the Cosmetology I class here at the Career Center, and it's a lot of fun. I learn very quickly so it comes naturally to me. I don't want to be a cosmetologist (I couldn't stand on my feet for that long five times a week) but it's something I'd like to do as a side job. My mom is the manager of a Hair Cuttery in Maryland, but she doesn't have anyone in her salon that does nails. I'd like to get certified to do nails so I can work in her job for a little while. I think it would be very cool. So fair, I know how to do two different types of hair cuts, how to color hair, how to do a roller set, how to do finger waves and pin curls, how to do a basic manicure and pedicure, and how to do facials. It's so much fun, and it brings in great money.

I am an extrovert. I love socializing and hanging out with friends. I make friends very easily; once I'm comfortable in a place, I begin making friends like it's no big deal. I enjoy doing anything with friends and family; I like watching movies, walking through a park, going to the pool, shopping, anything. I love my personality and others seem to as well!

Well, that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Let me restate the question I wrote on your previous post and ask you to answer it directly:

    What is one thing that you can't do now that you'd like to be able to do 45 days from now that involves the use of information and communications technology?

    I want you to pick a project related to one or more of your wide range of diverse interests and talents, and use class time to learn something new using information and communications technology and to produce some kind of "product" by the end of the year.

    We can use class time on Monday to talk more about this.

    ReplyDelete