Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Supportive Family

My family is very supportive of my writing. I've been writing since a very young age and they've always been eager to read my works and give me constructive criticism. My aunts both just read "Cupid's Arrow". There are some things I need to work on with it, and I am currently editing it. They are about to read "True Love" and tell me what they think of that one. I am very excited to hear what they have to say, because I think "True Love" is my best novel yet.

My aunts are supportive of my self-publishing, but want to know more about how it works. They want the pros and cons of self-publishing, and the pros and cons of publishing with a legitimate agency. I'm still looking around to see what I want to do, and once I have finished editing my books, I will consult with my aunts to see how I should approach getting them published. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan, Ms. Rucker, excellent! I would take issue with your use of the words "legitimate agency", though. "Legitimate" comes from Latin roots and means roughly, "conforming to law". Naturally, commercial publishers would like us to think of self publishing as somehow not begin "legitimate". They want the power to decide what gets published (as well as the profits that come from publishing). I personally look forward to a more democratic time, when writers and readers communicate directly with each other and decide for themselves what has merit.

    ReplyDelete