Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Story of my Life

I have a very interesting life. On June 14th, 1995, I was born in Nancy, France. My dad used to play professional basketball in Europe for seventeen years and met my mom in France. Six months after I was born, I moved to Germany. Right around the time I turned one, we moved to Plymouth, England. I don't have any memories from France and, no, I don't speak French. I remember some things about England, though. For example, my favorite park was Vicky Park because there was a tire swing there where my dad or my older sister would push me really fast. I moved to America when I was almost six years old, in the year of 2001. We moved here before June (I can't remember exactly when), but I know that it was before the 9/11 attack. What a great way to welcome someone to a county!
I have two older sisters and three younger brothers. None of them are my full siblings. My oldest sister's name is Charlotte, aka Charly. I just recently found out that she is pregnant! I'm going to be an aunt! Charly is from my mom's side, but her father is my mother's ex-husband. Charly lives in Wales. My next oldest sister, the one who would push me on the swing at Vicky Park, is Joya. Joya was also born in France and just recently came back to America. She plans on moving here for good this summer, and I am very excited. Joya has the same father as me, but her mom is my dad's former wife. My mother died when I was one year old, so I don't remember her. It is still sad, though... Anyway, my next sibling is my 13-year-old brother Dylan. He is, as I said, thirteen years old, but he is already six foot three and wears a size thirteen shoe! His mom is my dad's ex-girlfriend. I don't know Dylan very well; the last time I saw him, it was before I moved to America (oh yeah, Dylan lives in England too) so I was four, maybe five years old. My next two siblings are from my dad's wife Jade, who is a wonderful person. The first one is Cameron, who is twelve years old and the cutest thing ever! He's a pretty boy and is very emotional, which I love about him. Whenever he becomes interested in girls, he will have NO problem scoring a girlfriend. Oh, and here's an interesting story about Cam: he was in a motorcycle accident! The family was visiting a house that Jade's mom was considering working in when the owner of the home showed them his motorcycle. The motorcycle had a sidecar and everything! He asked Cam if he wanted to "go for a spin", and who would say no? So Cam got in the sidecar and put on a helmet that was too big. Now here's the scary part. The guy's motorcycle was parked in his driveway, which was a hill. The driveway let to the street, and right up on the curb was a tree. The guy put his motorcycle into drive and apparently "lost control". The bike slammed into the tree and cam flew from the sidecar. He landed on the ground a while away, and the helmet cut into his head. He was bleeding severely. He was rushed to the emergency room. I was at home with my aunts (yes, I live with my aunts) when we found out, so we rushed down to the hospital. I was crying and was very scared for my little brother. He was okay, though. He has a scar on his forehead from where he needed stitches, but other than that, he's perfect. Interesting, huh? Well, my last sibling is three-going-on-four and his name is Jaron. He's is a DEVIL. He's very aggressive and evil, but I love him all the same. I live in Arlington, Virginia with my aunt Roxane and her partner Michelle, and our two dogs, a Pomeranian-Shelty mix name Chelsea and a Maltese named Chase. My dad bought a dog in 2006 while I was still living with him in Maryland. That dog's name is Roady and he's a boxer. He's the cutest thing EVER and I love him so much. He's turning seven on April 18th!

Well, that's my life. I hope you found it interesting!











2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing where you have been, Imani Jai. Now I'd like to know a bit about where you see yourself going. You mentioned to me in class that you just completed your third book. How did you come to write these books? Do you aspire to be a professional writer? What do you plan to do after high school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, you made two posts yesterday, the first of which answered my question. Let me read that now...

    ReplyDelete